Beyond Recipes is an easy to use food and recipe blog for people who love food and cooking. There are step by step recipes, restaurant recommendations, and food product recommendations.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Indian Style Sauteed Shrimp - A Typical CKP Recipe
I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle this weekend, and my Aunt showed me this very quick, and extremely tasty shrimp dish. It's a typical dish from the caste which my family is a part of, CKP, aka Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu.
Indian Style Sauteed Shrimp
Serves three to four people as a main dish
2lb bag of shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail off
3 large onions, finely chopped
2-3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 large handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
4 teaspoons of canola oil
3 teaspoons crush garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon tamarind
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cinnamon stick
salt to taste
1. Combine shrimp, garlic, turmeric, cayenne pepper, tamarind and one teaspoon of salt and allow the shrimp to marinade for 15-30 minutes
2. In a large, shallow bottomed non-stick pan, heat the canola oil. Once hot, add cloves and cinnamon stick, and wait for about a minute, until they become fragrant.
3. Next, add the onions, and saute for about 5-7 minutes, or until the onions become transluscent. Stir frequently to stop the onions from browning or burning.
4. At this point, add the shrimp, and stir until they all lose their grey color.
5. Add tomatoes, stir, and allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until the shrimp start to shrink, and the oil starts to visibly separate from the sauce.
5. Add cilantro, taste and add salt if necessary, and cook for a further minute.
6. Serve hot, and enjoy over rice or with a chapathi.
Posted by Tara at Sunday, July 11, 2010
Labels: Indian Recipes, Seafood Recipes
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
awesome recipes... u have a lovely blog...do visit mine when u have time :) http://heartyfeast.blogspot.com
Nice recipes... very good information, thank you for sharing the blog.
hi it is very good site
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"
Is this Indian traditional food ??
just tried this recipe, its easy and good, thanks...
Sounds like a nice recipe for today dinner. Thank you for sharing!
If you want to change wifi password, here's the tutorials on 192.168.l.l for you.
If you want a babe from the house of Russian Escorts in Mahipalpur there are a few things you should know well before making a booking. Firstly our agency here at your city. In simple words is a cut above the rest because of the highly professional services we provide to our clients. Check our other Services...
Russian Escorts in Aerocity
Escorts Service in Mahipalpur
Female Escorts in Aerocity
Call Girls in Aerocity
Escorts in Aerocity
The sexy women we have with us at our agency atCall Girls in Gurgaon has a unique set of sex talents for their clients. They might even strip your clothes off and give you the best blowjob that you have been longing for! Check our other Services...
Air Hostess Call Girls in Gurgaon
Call Girls in Gurgaon
Charges of Call Girls in Gurgaon
Contact No of Call Girls in Gurgaon
Escorts Service in Gurgaon
Post a Comment