So I take you back to my childhood... enjoy!
4 Dinner Servings
1 chicken, cut into ten pieces, and skin removed
4 medium onions, or 3 large onions
3 peeled and diced plum tomatoes, or one 14.5oz can of petite diced tomatoes, rinsed and squeezed dry
3 whole cloves
3 whole cardamon, broken open
1 inch of cinnamon stick
2 tbsp crushed/grated ginger
2 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Salt to taste
Canola or vegetable oil
1-2 Peeled and quartered medium potatoes
1. Heat canola oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add cloves, cardamon and cinnamon stick. Allow to sizzle in the oil until the cloves double in size (about 1 minute).
3. Add the onions. Cook for low for approximately 30 minutes, stirring often. If it seems like the onions are sticking and burning, add more canola oil. Onions are ready when they are golden brown and separated from oil.
4. Add the tomatoes. Cook until the oil separates from the tomato and onion mixture.
5. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cayenne powders. Stir well.
6. Turn the heat up. Add the chicken, allow the meat to seal on all sides (until no pink is showing).
7. Add enough boiling water to just cover the chicken. Bring to a boil and turn down to a low simmer. Cover with lid.
8. Cook on low using one of two methods - cook the chicken breast until just cooked, removing from the pan and adding back when the legs are cooked - about 1.5hrs, or, cook all the chicken on low for 2-3hrs until the meat is falling off the bone. Add the potatoes approximately 45 minutes before cooking time is completed.
9. Serve with basmati rice.
Love the food! You’re amazing. This menu is fantastic, It sure will help everyone who’s looking for a perfect menu like this. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
catering in manila
Its Really Nice Recipes thank you for Sharing the information is very helpful for all
php web development
I always wanted to try out classic chicken curry. I'll be handing this recipe to suffolk county catering halls for my birthday celebration. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment